Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Arrived!!

Well after almost 24 hours of travel we arrived at our hotel at 3:30 am.  Due to the time difference with the US it was already Tuesday morning (July 9th) here.  I was absolutely exhausted and then had some major issues with trying to charge my cell phone and laptop.  I need a different adaptor for the cord for the laptop but was able to use my friends until I can find the right one.  I did not have the best nights sleep, some of that was due to my difficulty in sleeping in different hotel rooms and also the noise from the street. I am on the 9th floor but there was a lot of traffic and beeping of horns.  It seems as if driving well constitutes by how much you use your horn to get people to move out of our way (see more about driving below). 

These are some random pictures I took at the airport.  Once we got through customs and collected our bags we had to then find our driver and van.





























In regard to my first impression of India:  I found it warm (but not too hot last night) and very similar to some of the Latin American countries I have visited in regards to climate and vegetation.  It was a long drive from the airport and it appears as if Bangalore is under major road contruction; the driving style is also very different here than in the US; it seems as if the lines in the road are options as were red lights!  I am glad we do not have to drive while we are here.  What is also interesting is that all billboards, signs etc... are in English so you can tell immediately you are in a foreign country by the people, style of buildings and cars but there is also something familar with the use of language. 


 These pictures are taken from my hotel room.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment