Monday, July 8, 2013

Half way there.

Right now I have made it to Frankfurt and am waiting for my connector to Bangalore. It has been a CRAZY day thus far and my blog title is so appropriate.  After a busy morning of a last run, paying bills, finalizing schedules with Los etc... I was almost ready to leave.  However, as I was zipping up my suitcase we noticed it was broken!! Not the teeth of the zipper but the zipper itself came away from the case.  After a suggestion from Los to safety pin it together (though the small pins from my race bibs wouldn't work) I made a mad dash to Bon Ton, bought a new suitcase, and ran home to repack.

Luckily everything else has gone relatively calm after that and hopefully there will be no more mishaps.  Flight from Newark was uneventful, a little bumpy, but met up with three other fellows so we all arrived in Frankfurt on the same flight.  Emotionally I am doing ok.  Missing the kids already and I feel like the older I get the less I enjoy the actual process of travel.  As I was struggling to fall asleep on the plane I again was second guessing this adventure.  But I guess that's what makes it an adventure; I have a feeling these next three weeks will be full of ups and downs.


Check me out:  All sweaty and tired from my trip

2 comments:

  1. Hi Licia.
    What a crazy story about your departure! Getting away is always a challenge one way or another, though. Your experience reminds me that every time I'm getting ready for a trip, there's a point close to departure where I get cold feet--would totally back out every time if I could. Thank goodness for commitments that prevent that!
    I'm following your blog with great interest.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, we just arrived in Rajkot and things are going great, no major issues like before. That's for all your advice and help.

    ReplyDelete